Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Nov 4, 2006, 09:37 PM   #1
forestcityvet
macrumors newbie

Saving Edited Clips for iDVD Import

Newbie here totally confused by iMovie and iDVD. I have video footage taken from both DV camera and DVD(used Handbrake) of a musical performance of the chorus I perform in. I would like to make a DVD for the rest of the guys with clips they can view from a menu, so it looks like the Drop Zones in the iDVD projects would work perfect for each song. Problem is, I can't seem to produce individual clips for dragging to each drop zone. When I share the "selected clips" with iDVD, they are tied together as one movie clip. Assignment of chapters does not help. Cropping and saving one song clip and deleting all others does not work...iDVD still imports the entire 10 or 12 Gig movie for the one saved clip. This sucks. Am I a moron missing something easy? Or does this REALLY SUCK? Please call me a moron but tell me how to save 3 to 5 minute clips from a master to export individually to iDVD. I don't have a big enough hard drive nor the time for each song to occupy 12 Gigs.
Thanks in advance...
forestcityvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video