Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tutenstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
Maryland
I know this is lame, but I searched and can't find a solution.

When I click on a day in ical it says it is a Read-only calendar.

I repaired permissions, but it still says read only.

The strange part is, in the Get Info screen, it says Read-Write for all the users.

HELP!!

Thanks.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Which Calendar is active?

If you try adding a new event to a Calendar you subscribe to, which are often (always?) write protected, this would be a typical error message...

tutenstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
Maryland
Which Calendar is active?

If you try adding a new event to a Calendar you subscribe to, which are often (always?) write protected, this would be a typical error message...

OK, this is going to seem like a VERY dumb question, but, what do you mean by this?

I recently purchased an Intel-imac. I transferred all my setting from my G5 imac.

I went to use the G5 imac, just to see if I was losing my mind, and on ical on that Mac, I can click on a day to insert an event.

I had been using ical mainly to keep up with appointments and such.

Thanks.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
In iCal, in the upper left, is the "Calendars" panel. Are there multiple calendars listed there? If so, maybe some, as suggested above, are subscribed calendars - try clicking on others. If not, perhaps something was messed up in the transfer, and your Intel iMac thinks the G5 still "owns" the calendar.

Try selecting Calendar->New Calendar, then clicking it, then making sure you can create new items in it.

tutenstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
Maryland
In iCal, in the upper left, is the "Calendars" panel. Are there multiple calendars listed there? If so, maybe some, as suggested above, are subscribed calendars - try clicking on others. If not, perhaps something was messed up in the transfer, and your Intel iMac thinks the G5 still "owns" the calendar.

Try selecting Calendar->New Calendar, then clicking it, then making sure you can create new items in it.

I had four calendars: Home, Work, Birthdays, and unfilled.

I deleted unfilled, and created a new calendar, currently named Untitled.

Now I can click on a day and create a new event.

Thanks.

ladymantis

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2010
Simple Really

Make sure you have not selected the Birthday calendar - or any other "subscription" calendar. Click on your main calendar in the calendar list. Should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.