Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 6, 2006, 09:06 PM   #1
tenqomasacote
macrumors newbie

Uninstalling Microsoft Messenger Problem

I downloaded Messenger for Mac 6.0 only in need of it for a few days. When I moved the app to the trash and then went to empty it to uninstall microsoft messenger I received this message:
The operation cannot be completed because the item "Microsoft Messenger.rsrc" is in use.
Does anyone know how to stop this process from being in use? Leave it to Microsoft to make a simple uninstall difficult. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tenqomasacote; Nov 7, 2006 at 11:01 AM.
tenqomasacote is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:43 PM   #2
Raith
macrumors newbie

How to Uninstall Messenger

I had the same problem and solved it by going into Messenger's Preferences and turning it off in Settings. My fallback plan was to change the setting so it wouldn't start automatically when the computer was turned on, and then restart the computer but I didn't need to try this. Once it's off just drag it into the trash.
Raith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store