Mac Repair messed up my iBook? What to do? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Dynamyk
macrumors 6502a

Mac Repair messed up my iBook? What to do?

Ok my DC board was messed up so i went to my local Apple Store (Eaton Center) to get it repaired, i needed it badly for a school presentation on the friday, and i brought it in on the Monday, so the guy said if i want it soon i have to get Pro Care. So i paid the extra $100, and i went in Wednesday to check if it was being worked on they said not yet, went in on the Friday and they said they didn't get around to it. So i go pick it up yesterday, and I go home and now my battery is not being recognized, and my iBook won't connect to my network. I went back and they said the thing they fixed wouldn't interfere with anything. What do I do now, I can't use my iBook without plugging it in, and i have to reset my Date/Time every time the computer boots up, plus i have to use someone else's wireless signal cause mine won't work...
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:41 AM   #2
r6girl
Administrator/Editor

Send a message via AIM to r6girl
try re-setting the power management unit first (find instructions here). if you still have problems after that, you may need a trip back to the store to demonstrate the problems you're now having...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs