Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWinnipegger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
i've been using a PC my whole life until the start of the school year,,my new high school uses Macs,,i instantly fell in love lol
since i needed a MacBook, i've decided to wait, and now i'm ready to buy the New MacBook C2D

Few Questions|

When iLife 07' is released, can the current MacBook use it, and would it be neccesary to buy the 07' version?

When leopard comes out, will the current MacBook be able to use it, and would it be worth buying it?

Is it worth the extra 200$ for the better White MacBook?

We don't have an Apple store in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada, but a store called "London Drugs" carries like every apple product, when would they have the updated MacBooks in stock???

And why do YOU use a Mac over a PC???

thanks for the help!!!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
i've been using a PC my whole life until the start of the school year,,my new high school uses Macs,,i instantly fell in love lol
since i needed a MacBook, i've decided to wait, and now i'm ready to buy the New MacBook C2D

Few Questions|

When iLife 07' is released, can the current MacBook use it, and would it be neccesary to buy the 07' version?

When leopard comes out, will the current MacBook be able to use it, and would it be worth buying it?

We don't have an Apple store in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada, but a store called "London Drugs" carries like every apple product, when would they have the updated MacBooks in stock???

thanks for the help!!!

1. Of course it will, why would you think otherwise?.

2. See answer to 1. and yes it will be worth the purchase.

3. Yes it is.

4. Probably not yet, the safest way to ensure you're getting the most current model is to order form the online Apple Store.

5. There are so many reasons, have a hunt through our beginner guides to see how OSX works compared to Windows and make up your own mind.

Have fun and welcome to the club.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada

Few Questions|

thanks for the help!!!

#1 - Absolutely, it should run well too.

#2 - It will definately be able to use it. But I personally am not going to put out the money to buy it. It has a few neat features but nothing I need.

#3 - I have a MacBook Pro, so I am not sure. But personally I don't think so.

#4 - I am not sure.

#5 - I use a Mac over a PC because Windows sucks. PC hardware is crappy and I will never go back. My fan kept crapping out. My graphics card bacially broke. It kept making weird noises. AND PCS ARE HUGE!!!!! Most PCs are so much bigger than the Mac Mini and the Mac Mini is so much better!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.