Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:19 PM   #1
ddzczc
macrumors newbie

Thunderbird migration to Entourage

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to mac and i'm seeking some help.

First off, I installed a newer version of Entourage b/c the current 10.2.X version didn't support exchange.

I just installed the new app under applications and all is working. I still have the older version, will I do any harm by leaving it there or can I just uninstall it (w.o removing word, excel) etc.

My main question now is the migration.

I need to copy over the mail, contacts, calendar, etc from thunderbird to entourage.

Thunderbird doesen't have a feature to "export"

I read on the modzilla site that I can just import everything from the current profile to the new mail client (entourage)

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq#export

It states that I must import the standard plain text file which is in a "mbox" format.

So I clicked on import, plain text (mbox) and searched threw my profile and I found the mbox files that I need to import. The problem is, when I select the file/folder, the "import" button is greyed out. It doesen't allow me to import any files at all with the mbox format. I have no idea what to do at this point...

Anyone have any suggestions..?

Thanks
ddzczc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 06:47 PM   #2
ProfCyclist
macrumors newbie

Same problem

I am having the same problem and can't seem to get the Entourage 2008 importer to recognize the .mbox files.
ProfCyclist is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store