Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazboardrider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
I upgraded to MSN 6.0.1 recently and now Every time I go to sign in the first time it always tells me I have given a incorrect password. Now I KNOW this is NOT the case because I have a short easy password and it always works the second time i type in the password.

Now I thought maybe I was miss typing, BUT it happens everytime, it always works on the second go only. Wierd!!!! I had 6.0 before without the problem its just 6.0.1.

Now I know this isnt a major problem but was just wondering if it was happening with others??

Also another thing that always happens is I will get signed out due to "lost connection" (I have a excellent DSL connection BTW) and then when I sign back in I have Mail! So recieving mail seems to be signing me out.

What a funny upgrade!:confused:

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
For some reason when I leave my computer inactive for a while with MSN signed in I always come back to find myself signed out. It doesn't happen on the Windows version of MSN, but ALWAYS on the Mac OS X version of MSN. It bugs the hell out of me because I prefer OS X and I hate having to switch over to Windows so I can leave MSN running to get certain messages while I'm out.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Same problem, I have Windows live mail, wondering if that caused it. What do you have (regular hotmail/live mail)

oober_freak

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2005
Indian Ocean
Why don't you use Adium? It's a lot better than MSN or any other IM client. MSN Messenger for OS X doesn't support video/audio, either.

You can add MSN contacts on Yahoo in the latest beta of Adium 1.0(beta 14). I'm not sure about the support for Yahoo contacts on MSN, though.

steebu

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2005
Mine is doing the same thing! Its sooo ****ing annoying!

The Macintosh Business Unit sucks a fat one.

I try Adium and all those other MSN Mac clients everytime I get frustrated with MSN, but the alternatives are even uglier and more complicated. I just end up downloading and trashing them within 15 mintues.

ozontheroad

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
the reef
just finished downloading and installed... working fine for me.

have you tried deleting the preferences files? and setting it up again

or repairing permissions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.