Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdude2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
(Well, I searched and couldn't find a thread like this except for the main thread which has almost 300 pages. So, please, if it's been posted before, link me to it. Thanks)

How about all you iMac 17" C2D owners come out and post your pics? As a prospective buyer, I'd love to see them. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'll play.

iMac 17" C2D
Dell 2007FPW
Teleton A390 with Wharfedale Modus speakers
Pocket PC for safe keeping
*PowerBook hiding away there!

*not in shot but I have some Tevion drawing tablet too*

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 240

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
As im not quite sure if thats a yes or no i'll take it as a yes.

Old Hi-Fi gear rocks.

Exactly. I started up an thread about old-tech you cant get rid of because of this! I love it. It fuzzes a little but the sound is excellent. no need to upgrade here :)

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Exactly. I started up an thread about old-tech you cant get rid of because of this! I love it. It fuzzes a little but the sound is excellent. no need to upgrade here :)
1. Link please :)
2. Do you think building up a stereo with old gear would be cheap, or do those people have the intelligence to value what they have?
3. would you recommend hooking up amp + speakers to a mac?
4. how do I go about doing that?
5. thanks!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
1. Link please :)
2. Do you think building up a stereo with old gear would be cheap, or do those people have the intelligence to value what they have?
3. would you recommend hooking up amp + speakers to a mac?
4. how do I go about doing that?
5. thanks!

Link to where? :p you can't buy this thing anywhere. It no longer exists. once every year or so somebody is selling a manual for a TV by the same brand, but thats it!
2. It would be cheap, but very hard to do. to find the best components etc. to get them to work. a friend of mine has some old CD player, one of the first. It's got some oak panel, the CD rises up from some storage bay, buttons are 3G iPod-style touch panels. Absolutely incredible - but the audio output cable looks like a PS/2 cable!
3. thats what I've done and it's been problem free :p
4. lineout on the Mac, line-in on the amp. Good to press the "loudness" button for extra bass kick ;)
5. no sweat, haha.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
The iMacs are sooo nice, i can't wait until i get mine.

They are :) I've had mine since the C2D's were launched, yet I still look at it and it feels new. It still SMELLS new! Then again I've had my PowerBook for 2 years now and I can still see the beauty in that.
They are fantastic machines. You should be very excited about getting one :D

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
I need a to get a digital camera

I'll play.

iMac 17" C2D
Dell 2007FPW
Teleton A390 with Wharfedale Modus speakers
Pocket PC for safe keeping
*PowerBook hiding away there!

*not in shot but I have some Tevion drawing tablet too*
My setup looks like yours except the monitor is a 2407WFP and I have it on the left so I can access the iMac's disc drive and the Dell's usb ports. It's also doing double duty as an hdtv. The bezels line up almost perfectly.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My setup looks yours except the monitor is a 2407WFP and I have it on the left so I can access the iMac's disc drive and the Dell's usb ports. It's also doing double duty as an hdtv. The bezels line up almost perfectly.

You just made a whole world of sense :) I'm going to swop my monitor around now, would also be able to give my PowerBook (far left in the pic) access to it!
Thanks mate!

Gotta say though... 17 and 24"? I thought the 12 and 20" was a huge difference :D Do you find you use your main applications in the biggest monitor too? My iMac feels left out there :(

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
After getting my 24" iMac, everything else just looks so small, I looked at a 17" in PC World the other day and I just couldn't believe how small it looked. mine you in my bedroom it would look big though.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
There we have it! totally remade all my setup under the desk. cable tidies and all that! I like this now, more room for my mouse too!

Attachments

• newdesk.jpg
    newdesk.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 124

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
You just made a whole world of sense :) I'm going to swop my monitor around now, would also be able to give my PowerBook (far left in the pic) access to it!
Thanks mate!

Gotta say though... 17 and 24"? I thought the 12 and 20" was a huge difference :D Do you find you use your main applications in the biggest monitor too? My iMac feels left out there :(
Hmm. Good question. I got the setup at the begining of the summer to get back into creating art, but I mainly use it as an entertainment center. The 17 actually looks better when looking at the OS all the whites on the dell look kinda yellow.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
That is soo nice!
what do you use your dual monitor setup for?
Good question! I originally got the monitor because I wanted to get rid of my old CRT TV. Back when I only had the 12" PowerBook too, impossible for watching TV on (with EyeTV, of course :D ). now I just use it for convenience. Have 2 apps on 2 different screens etc.

Hmm. Good question. I got the setup at the begining of the summer to get back into creating art, but I mainly use it as an entertainment center. The 17 actually looks better when looking at the OS all the whites on the dell look kinda yellow.
I've been trying to configure my Dell to stop making greys look green. I'm not very good at the Colour settings app in OSX. Should probably get one of them USB colour thingies.

Nice setup raggedjimmi. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.