Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:28 AM   #1
kingm303
macrumors newbie

Help needed: Video and Sound Problems with Titanium Powerbook G4

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, but have been around macs for a while. My family and I have 6 macs (3 ibooks, 1 imac, and 2 powerbooks). I have never had problems with these things, until now....

One of the Powerbooks is having sound and video problems. Its specifics are 15" Titanium Powerbook g4 (1Ghz, 1gig ram) The last of the old style before they started making the type that immediately preceded the MacBook Pro. Anyways, the problems.

Video: Upon waking from sleep the screen has a red tint, especially near the bottom left corner. The tint goes away but only if the screen brightness is all the way up. I have seen this issue mentioned before but never saw a satisfactory remedy.

Sound: This is a wierd one. The sound will only work in the top three volume levels. if i hit the volume down key any more the sound plays while the computer makes the popping bubble sound it does when you adjust the volume, but the sound then stops completely. Also, the sound intermediately plays with a lot of static. Restarting normally fixes this second part, but the first is always there.

Let me know what you think.
kingm303 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs