Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:05 PM   #1
Ja Di ksw
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Ja Di ksw
powerbook case

I bought a powerbook about two and a half years ago, and I have kept it in very, very good condition. I'm one of those people who like to keep things in perfect condition. I clean it regularly, keep it in a protective case, cover for the keyboard, etc etc. It had no damage on it.

Less than two minutes ago someone next to me just hit it with a sharp metal object and put an inch long stratch on top of the cover, by the Apple logo. Is there any way I can repair that? Can I get it fixed at an Apple store somehow? How much, roughly, do you think it would cost to fix this?

I always keep my stuff in great shape, and this is really, really bothering me.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:30 PM   #2
YS2003
macrumors 68020

First, I think you should take care of that person next to you who hit your PB with a sharp object (without getting yourself to jail), The damage sustained on your PB's case seems irreversible. Do you feel the scratch on the PB? If so, the scratch is deep enough.
Maybe you should ask that person to pay for the damage (which I would do).
You can go to iFixIt.com to get the pricing for the screen casing for PB. I think it is not cheap.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 03:56 PM   #3
Ja Di ksw
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Ja Di ksw
Not the sort of person I can . . . scratch. Asking him to pay for it brings up all sorts of political issues, but I think I'm going to anyway. IFixIt didn't have the right part, just for the bottom of the case, but it gave me an idea, thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:24 PM   #4
itgoesbuzz
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to itgoesbuzz
man i was the same way with my powerbook and at the time i had it for about a year when the case started warping and i was pretty mad, but then i got used to it.

kinda

it still bugs me

alot.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs