Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pm3009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Hello

I'm buying a new Ipod Video for my son for Xmas to replace a 3G Ipod that's been getting very flaky. Will I be able to easily get all purchased music onto the new ipod easily, or is there something special I'll need to do? It will be copied from the PC that the music is authorized on.

Thanks!
Pam

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Yes. Purchased music can be copied onto 5 [i think] iPods. Should be very easy if you have them on the computer, just do it as you would with the old iPod.

pm3009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Thank you for both of your responses. Does Apple allow purchased music on more than one Ipod? In this case...it's will be a new ipod to replace one on it's way out, but I don't know if Apple allows purchased music to be put on a new ipod.

Thx again.
Pam

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Thank you for both of your responses. Does Apple allow purchased music on more than one Ipod? In this case...it's will be a new ipod to replace one on it's way out, but I don't know if Apple allows purchased music to be put on a new ipod.

Thx again.
Pam

Yes you can have it on more than one iPod at a time.

From Terms of Service:
"You shall be authorized to use the Products on five Apple-authorized devices at any time."

So you shouldn't have any problems.

pm3009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Excellent. Thank you! I was hoping there wouldn't be some loophole with this!

Pam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.