Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

konfuzion

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Bay Area
I had windows XP on my MB but I uninstalled it because I had too much space on my windows partition. I went to reinstall but had errors when I tried to install XP.
Now my problem is that I can't even partition my hard drive through Boot Camp Assistant. It will say that I need to back up my hard drive and restore it. I have 48 gb of data on my hard drive right now and it's too large for disk utility to copy the image onto my 250 gb external drive.

I've repaired and verified disk permissions while booting up from the install disk but their is still no progress.

I downloaded the firmware update released yesterday but haven't tried it yet. I really miss windows! :(

Help anyone? http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:

Retired
May 16, 2006
I had this problem, terrible. Get Super Duper, and transfer your HD to your external HD, then go to disk utility, select your HD and select Erase, with the drop down menu at 'Mac OSX Extended (Journaled)', then move your stuff back from Super Duper (you will be booting from the external HD), then erase stuff you dont want from the external HD, it took me 2hours each way with USB.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I had the same problem and had to Dupe/wipe/Dupe/BC the drive.
A slight pain, but no biggie to have a dual-boot again.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
For the record, I did not (and have never user) FileVault, just in case that's not part of the issue for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.