Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Nov 15, 2006, 04:05 AM   #1
cecildk9999
macrumors regular

WMA to MP3 program?

Is there a good (keyword free) program that I can use to easily convert WMA files into mp3 files? Or else, is there some function in iTunes that I'm not seeing that allows me to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 06:27 AM   #2
slientkiller
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to slientkiller Send a message via MSN to slientkiller
if you use mac, there will be a ware called "Easywma" I use that a lot, especially when i get songs from my friends.

If you use PC, i think that will automatically re-encode for you when you drag a .wma media format into your iTunes.

By the way, it seems that Easywma is a shareware, but you can still use it to convert .wma->.mp3. If you have difficulties using that software, i can email you one of mine. I downloaded it before it becomes shareware, which means a very long time. So it still can convert .wma->.mp3, but loses some new features. But it is a freeware, that is what i concern the most.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:26 AM   #3
cecildk9999
macrumors regular

Yeah, I have a mac, so it doesn't do the conversion. I might just wait until I put XP on here to do it, if iTunes for windows will convert it automatically. I saw that easywma as shareware only lets you convert 10 sec worth of a file; are there other freeware/more liberal shareware programs out there?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:32 AM   #4
gloss
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to gloss
There's a great demo program called Switch. Once the sharing period expires it costs $30, but until that point it does quick, full audio file conversions.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 06:15 PM   #5
Mafio
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloss View Post
There's a great demo program called Switch. Once the sharing period expires it costs $30, but until that point it does quick, full audio file conversions.
Hello,

I have just downloaded switch, it's really cool. After the trial version can I convert from wma to mp3 (with the free version and not the plus)?

Thanks in Advance

Mafio
Mafio is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod