Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iku

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Ok, so i just bought some tv shows from itunes and was informed that 5 computers can be authorized to view the files (tv shows).

I buy about one computer a year, a desktop one year, then a laptop, year by year. So in 4 years I will have 5 computers counting this one. After that will I have to re-purchase the items I bought from itunes so my sixth and so forth computers can play the shows?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Ok, so i just bought some tv shows from itunes and was informed that 5 computers can be authorized to view the files (tv shows).

I buy about one computer a year, a desktop one year, then a laptop, year by year. So in 4 years I will have 5 computers counting this one. After that will I have to re-purchase the items I bought from itunes so my sixth and so forth computers can play the shows?

You can deauthorize old computers.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005

So are you hoarding you new computers or are you upgrading? Because you can de-authorise computers, as you get one just de-authorise the old one.

Iku

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Ahhhh Good News!!!

I did not know you could de-authorize old computers!!

Thanks for helping a n00b out!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.