Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I didn't see too much against it and the battery life playing a DVD was quite good. Besides that, there weren't a load of comments or user reviews against it...yet.

In other news, they had fun testing a Mac Pro with two 4 core processors. It's a wonder what a little Apple advertising will do.

kalun

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
Quoted from the post:

As expected, both Core 2 Duo systems easily outclassed an older Core Duo MacBook Pro from earlier this year. We have updated our benchmarks recently, so we can't compare these scores directly against the last round of Core Duo MacBooks, but the new Core 2 Duo MacBook did show a 26 percent boost over the older Core Duo MacBook Pro, well in line with Apple's claims.

So....the new Core 2 Duo Macbook is 26% faster than the old Macbook Pro?! I am somewhat doubtful.....:confused:

mick4394

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
Flyover country
Is it really that much better than the CD Macbook? They gave it a 7.2. Aside from the processor, these are essentially the same computer. What's the deal?

junkster

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
Is it really that much better than the CD Macbook? They gave it a 7.2. Aside from the processor, these are essentially the same computer. What's the deal?

The C2D MB has more RAM, benchmarks better, and runs cooler. But I think the biggest factor is that the design of both the MB and MBP had time to soak in and be recognized as great notebooks. And now the MB is outperforming--in terms of raw CPU speed--the previous round of MBPs.

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
I think Cnet was responding to the "black effect", giving the blackbook more props cause its rarer and cooler.

junkster

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I think Cnet was responding to the "black effect", giving the blackbook more props cause its rarer and cooler.

You really think so? Most PCs notebooks are black, so I'd think PC Magazine wouldn't care. Personally, I still like the glossy white better.

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
I'm suspicious of that Photoshop benchmark. 10.4.8 included optimisation of Rosetta which would make the old 2GHz MBP look slower than it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.