Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Nov 16, 2006, 02:30 PM   #1
seanr
macrumors newbie

ipod question?

do you need the internet for a ipod or is that just if you want to download off the itunes store. I will not have the internet much longer but have lots of cds I could move to a ipod. Would I need the internet to do this? Thanks
seanr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 02:36 PM   #2
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor

You can rip CDs using iTunes just fine without the Internet, although it is helpful if iTunes can connect to the CDDB database to automatically tag the ripped CDs with correct song titles and other info...saves a lot of work on your end. But the only thing you really need the Internet connection for is iPod software updates and restores.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 02:51 PM   #3
weg
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboy View Post
You can rip CDs using iTunes just fine without the Internet, although it is helpful if iTunes can connect to the CDDB database to automatically tag the ripped CDs with correct song titles and other info...saves a lot of work on your end. But the only thing you really need the Internet connection for is iPod software updates and restores.
I'd hate if I'd have to type in all the CD artist/album information manually.. coz if you don't, all songs on your iPod will just be "Unkown Album", "01 Unkown Song" or something like that.. on the other hand, if you just get a shuffle, that wouldn't make any difference ;-)

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod