Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlee25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Ok. I shot a feature FILM on HD. I would RATHER burn the DVD with DVD studio pro, but there seem to be too many complications, so I'm using IDVD.

I added chapter markers as well as compression markers. When I went to export the film to a quick time, I selected 'ALL MARKERS' but in IDVD, there are no chapter markers. I THINK the compression markers worked, however. Is there a way I can do both or even add chapter markers in IDVD itself?

J lEe

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Ok. I shot a feature FILM on HD. I would RATHER burn the DVD with DVD studio pro, but there seem to be too many complications, so I'm using IDVD.

I added chapter markers as well as compression markers. When I went to export the film to a quick time, I selected 'ALL MARKERS' but in IDVD, there are no chapter markers. I THINK the compression markers worked, however. Is there a way I can do both or even add chapter markers in IDVD itself?

J lEe

Did you create a chapter sub-menu in iDVD? I seem to recall that's when the chapter markers kick in?

jlee25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Did you create a chapter sub-menu in iDVD? I seem to recall that's when the chapter markers kick in?[/QUOTE]

Well, usually, when you drag the Quick Time into the IDVD, it comes along WITH the chapters. It will give you the 'play' option and also 'scene selection'. I've never had to manually tell IDVD to create a sub chapter menus. But ill give that a try. ..standby

J Lee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.