Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 20, 2006, 06:01 AM   #1
YS2003
macrumors 68020

US-spec MBP/MB/PB/iBook in Japan

I know there were a few threads about using US-spec Macs in Japan. But, I would like to ask about the software side of the issue, because US-spec Macs would be compatible in Japan in terms of power usage and what not.
On my Macs, I have the following software I frequently use:
Adobe CS2, Macromedia MX2004, Corel Paint IX, Alias SketchbookPro, Aperture, MS Office 2004, iWoks 06, and several others such as Toast, Little Snitch, and etc.
I think I may get into problem with Adobe's activation in Japan should I need to reinstall CS2 and MX2004 (so I hope my Macs will stay in good shape without hardware crash).
I kept Japanese as extra language when I did the clean install of OS to get rid of the junks I don't need.
So, now to the question.
Is there going to be issues purchasing and installing software I would purchase in Japan?
Is there going to be problem with Apple's software updater in Japan?
Is there anything I should watch out for?

And, a few questions on one particular software, CS2:
I have CS2 I bought in the states. Is there going to be some issues with activation if I need to reinstall CS2 in Japan when my Mac crashes?
Also, if I make CS2 files (say, PS file, Illustrator file, or InDesign file), can those files be read by Japanese-spec CS2? I think Adobe only sells their CS2 and other software in Japanese version only in Japan.

Last edited by YS2003; Nov 20, 2006 at 08:23 AM.
YS2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:57 AM   #2
jsw
Moderator emeritus

Mod note: threads were very similar and so were merged.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 03:28 AM   #3
yoshiii
macrumors member

If using OSx you shouldnt have any problem with any of the software. Just make sure you can read the Japanese. I have Japanese and American software on my PB Pismo using OSX Runs fine
yoshiii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 06:18 AM   #4
YS2003
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshiii View Post
If using OSx you shouldnt have any problem with any of the software. Just make sure you can read the Japanese. I have Japanese and American software on my PB Pismo using OSX Runs fine
That's good to know. I have kept Japanese language along with English and French with my Macs when I ran the clean re-install of OS on my Macs.
So, in general, does Japanese software include English (like showing all manus in English)? OS X can switch around the language setting; but, I am not sure if Japanese software in general is bilingual in English and Japanese.
Do you find the stability of Japanese software on US-spec Mac is as good as on Japan-spec Mac?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs