|Nov 20, 2006, 01:13 PM||#1|
Mac Powerbook G4 12"
I am looking to buy a 2nd hand 12" G4 Powerbook. Does anyone have any ideas on:
a) Where I could purchase 1.
b) The amount I should be paying one
c) If anyone has a spare that I could buy?!
Thanks for any help.
|Nov 20, 2006, 01:15 PM||#2|
Spend whatever you think is fair.
I'd say $600-700 is fair for a rev. C. If you want the newest revision with plenty RAM and HDD, you should perhaps shell out more than a grand.
Consistent crushes on random female singers - current: Mariah Carey
Last edited by Josias; Nov 20, 2006 at 01:55 PM.
|Nov 20, 2006, 04:19 PM||#5|
For example, someone here just mentioned spending over $1000 for the latest revision. I wouldn't spend that at all (I put wait and invest in a MacBook for a little more).
Lets compare that to what I recently got (all be it with some clever bidding and using eBay at the best time - the most anti-social hours!)
Powerbook G4 15" 1.33Ghz,
Brand NEW battery + spare,
Original charger + brick,
Original Restore discs included.
All for... ~$550 (shipped to UK)
I wouldn't spend more than $750 on a late revision PB 12" but most would probably pay up to $900.
|Nov 20, 2006, 05:32 PM||#7|
Another thing about buying on eBay though... (sorry if you already know this)
1. Only buy from sellers with good feedback.
2. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. (This is a huge generalisation though - look at what I got and the seller could not hve been more genuine.)
3. I would only ever buy from sellers who could offer Paypal Buyer Protection Policy (ties in with their member status - if this is displayed on their page, you should be good to go).
4. Only ever pay with Paypal (or collect with cash in person if local).
5. Don't ever enter into communication outside of eBay (avoid listings where they ask you to email them at email@example.com - always use the 'ask seller a question' button).
6. Avoid being led into deals outside of eBay because of price or any other reason seller gives you.
7. Make sure you know what you are buying, and check out condition/packaging/install discs etc... if these things matter to you.
|Nov 21, 2006, 01:59 AM||#8|
|Nov 21, 2006, 03:43 AM||#9|
|Nov 21, 2006, 10:59 PM||#11|
I'm finding that prices vary on the 12". I just sold my 12" on here for $950+shipping. But I miss it sooo freaking much that I compulsively bought another one on eBay earlier today.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PowerBook G4 display issues||alew!mac920||PowerPC Macs||2||Aug 9, 2011 05:25 AM|
|Powerbook G4 12", new to Mac computers and need adivce..||Johnny7||PowerPC Macs||11||Sep 5, 2010 06:29 PM|
|iBook G4 V. Powerbook G4 12"||seattlemaclover||Macintosh Computers||23||Mar 3, 2004 01:48 AM|
|Yet again.. iBook G4 vs PowerBook G4 12" models buying tomorrow!||fillz||Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)||26||Dec 4, 2003 10:58 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.