Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2003
I guess it will either be Tuesday or not at all.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
If that Mac Mini goes Core 2 before Santa Rosa and Leopard in April, it won't be until MacWorld San Francisco in January. There will not be a Core 2 Mac Mini before the holiday season.

And really there is no need for it. Sure the Mini is slightly over-priced for what you get for it now as compared to an iMac. However, for whatever it may be used for, and considering it's integrated graphics and slower hard drive, the target market Apple is aiming at with the Mini has no need for a Core Duo to Core 2 Duo bump on the Mac Mini, and so Apple won't do it. Ask yourself why you want Core 2 in a Mini and if it is really a Mini that you want. If you can really convince yourself that a Mini is your best solution but you need the extra power or Core 2, get a used 1.5 solo and mod it to a 2.33 yourself.

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Core Duo good enuf

i don't think there's going to be a core 2 duo for the mini before the santa rosa update.

I have a new mini. It rules.

I don't care if they come out with the Core 2 Duo.

Okay, maybe a little...

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
I have a new mini. It rules.

I don't care if they come out with the Core 2 Duo.

Okay, maybe a little...
a core2 Duo Mini isnt going to be able to do anything the a coreDuo cant. Thats the bottom line. It allready has a fast enough Cpu, what it needs is a GPU not a cpu bump that does nothing. Congrats on your machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.