Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hysteria1000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
M MacBook Pro has aim, rather, i have downloaded aim.

A friend, sent me a few photos through aim, and i tried to save them to my computer, my macbook wouldnt let me. It would try saving the conversation instead.
So i dragged the photos to my desktop, however, when i opened the desktop icon the photo/s were under
it came up as a picture clipping under the finder window.
I had no problem with this, because i clicked the icon and my photo came up in a different window, but it wont let me save it to my computer, there is no save as button.
I want to transfer it to iphoto, but its impossible.

help?

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
INW
The problem, I think, is AIM. It's old and buggy. I don't think there's an easy fix for AIM itself.

The best solution is to use iChat. Or Adium. Both are more feature rich, stable, and better maintained than AIM for Mac, and you can still use your AIM name/pass with them.

Is there something you really need to use AIM for? Or weren't you aware that iChat and Adium are better alternatives?

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
When your in AIM, if you right click on the photo (control click for 1 button Macs), a menu should appear and then you can select Export Photo. This will allow you to save your photos where ever you want.

shagydog

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2006
Nouméa
The other day i was chating with my Bro with skype and he sent me some pics but when the transfer had finished there was no extention to the pics he sent me , so i renamed them blablabla.jpg and they opend fine. So maybe try renaming them.

Ciao

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.