Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 24, 2006, 11:35 AM   #1
nwrealestate
macrumors newbie

Safari address bar/location window gone

Don't know what I did but was trying to add google to my address bar so went to view/customize address bar. Results can't figure out how to get google to appear with some other often used sites on the bar and now I've lost my window to input my website addresses. Can someone please help.
nwrealestate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:04 PM   #2
balamw

View menu, Show Address Bar?

B
Old Nov 24, 2006, 06:06 PM   #3
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

If that's not the problem, then you might have to Customise Address Bar from the View menu and drag your URL/Google component back onto your Address Bar.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 06:52 PM   #4
nwrealestate
macrumors newbie

There is no address or url appearing in the bar

I think that is the problem, something needs to be dragged back in but when I go to customize address nothing appears in either of the addess windows to drag back in, both windows are greyed except for the top one has a blue circle but "go to this address" is greyed as well as to the right the word "google" in both the windows ie. top and bottom ones. I orginally was trying to put google up in the menu bar along with Apple, Amazon, Ebay etc. when I not didn't accomplish that but also lost my place to type in websites address in safari. Tried the help menu under addresses but couldn't figure it out.
Hope this clarifies my situation a little better. Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 08:08 PM   #5
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

Not quite sure what you mean, mate. Maybe post a screen shot.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 08:30 PM   #6
Nermal

Are you running Safari 1 or 2?
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:31 PM   #7
nwrealestate
macrumors newbie

snap shot of my address window.

Including 2 snap shots one of my address window and one when I go to 'view/customize address' see how I have no options here everything is grey and no matter what i click on nothing happens in here. Please reveiw the entire thread here if you have not already to fully explain my problem. I am using SAfari 2. Sorry that I can't figure this out seems like it should be an easy fix but.... not for me. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customize address.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	62780   Click image for larger version

Name:	use address bar.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	62781  
Old Nov 26, 2006, 02:23 PM   #8
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor

I'm not sure I understand the problem fully. You talk about the text in the address and Google fields being grayed out. That is how it should be...they're just placeholders for what goes in those fields when they're active. You're saying that you can't just drag the top "Address and Search" item into your toolbar?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 03:13 PM   #9
nwrealestate
macrumors newbie

OK well that worked

Ok well that worked I think I understand the customize address window, better I was thinking it was a more complex window then it was, I see now it is just for dragging options that you want to appear in your address bar of safari. I know that's what all the info I read in help etc. said but ... wasn't understanding correctly and then when by mistake while in that window I must have dragged my http address window out of my address bar, I was panicked. thanks so much for your help!!!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store