Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:18 PM   #1
cwright
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to cwright
printer's spread

I'm putting together a research paper for class that I'd like to set up in a printer's spread in order to bind it nicely, but I've never done this myself before and I can't remember how to arrange the pages in the correct order.

I'm working with 6 pages of content, not including the back which will be blank. The 6th page is a work's cited page, and I'd rather it be the last page, instead of being on the back. I can't remember if pages for a printer's spread needs to be in multiples of 2 or 4... but if I add a 7th page for the back, and an 8th page for a cover memo (which is optional), will that work?

Can someone please help me arrange my pages correctly? I'm having this printed in color so it would be good to get it right the first time.

Thanks!
cwright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:40 AM   #2
Snark
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwright View Post
I'm putting together a research paper for class that I'd like to set up in a printer's spread in order to bind it nicely, but I've never done this myself before and I can't remember how to arrange the pages in the correct order.

I'm working with 6 pages of content, not including the back which will be blank. The 6th page is a work's cited page, and I'd rather it be the last page, instead of being on the back. I can't remember if pages for a printer's spread needs to be in multiples of 2 or 4... but if I add a 7th page for the back, and an 8th page for a cover memo (which is optional), will that work?

Can someone please help me arrange my pages correctly? I'm having this printed in color so it would be good to get it right the first time.

Thanks!
Multiples of four. So in your case, your book will have eight faces/pages to work with. Adding the two pages as you mentioned should work fine.

Snark
Snark is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics