Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwright

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Missouri
I'm putting together a research paper for class that I'd like to set up in a printer's spread in order to bind it nicely, but I've never done this myself before and I can't remember how to arrange the pages in the correct order.

I'm working with 6 pages of content, not including the back which will be blank. The 6th page is a work's cited page, and I'd rather it be the last page, instead of being on the back. I can't remember if pages for a printer's spread needs to be in multiples of 2 or 4... but if I add a 7th page for the back, and an 8th page for a cover memo (which is optional), will that work?

Can someone please help me arrange my pages correctly? I'm having this printed in color so it would be good to get it right the first time.

Thanks!

Snark

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2003
I'm putting together a research paper for class that I'd like to set up in a printer's spread in order to bind it nicely, but I've never done this myself before and I can't remember how to arrange the pages in the correct order.

I'm working with 6 pages of content, not including the back which will be blank. The 6th page is a work's cited page, and I'd rather it be the last page, instead of being on the back. I can't remember if pages for a printer's spread needs to be in multiples of 2 or 4... but if I add a 7th page for the back, and an 8th page for a cover memo (which is optional), will that work?

Can someone please help me arrange my pages correctly? I'm having this printed in color so it would be good to get it right the first time.

Thanks!
Multiples of four. So in your case, your book will have eight faces/pages to work with. Adding the two pages as you mentioned should work fine.

Snark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.