Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arnolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
Without considering money, which mouse would you buy for your macbook pro?

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
Just got a Logitch V270 bluetooth mouse and it works amazingly (except on totally smooth untextured surfaces, but that's true of any optical mouse). I tried the mighty mouse and loathed it.

arnolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
i think i would prefer a wireless one even if both look very nice. what do you think about logitech vx revolution?

arnolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
does it works great with a mac, some users report the scrolling was uncontrolable on mac

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Just got a Logitch V270 bluetooth mouse and it works amazingly (except on totally smooth untextured surfaces, but that's true of any optical mouse). I tried the mighty mouse and loathed it.

i second this, i just got it today, its cheap, $34. feels good, looks pretty, and save a usb port (bluetooth).

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
does it works great with a mac, some users report the scrolling was uncontrolable on mac

the scrolling is configurable, so you can find your ideal speed. it's really accurate and comfortable on the hand. i use it for my desktop pc mostly, but it works great on mac too.

arnolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
Actually i hesitate between the mighty mouse and vx revolution.
Mighty mouse:
•Pros:
-Blutooth, no receiver which breaks usb ports so usable on my bed or uneven grounds.
-great click sensation opposite to some others mouses like MS mice.
-beautiful
•Cons:-
-somebody told me that right click is not ever working
-Bluetooth Bad for gaming

VX REvolution
•Pros
-Seems to be really a awesome mouse
-performance

•Cons
-Looks ugly (for me)
-RF receiver
-PRICE
So ...

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
cnet gave the logitech vx a rating of 9 points, or spectacular. go to your local best buy and feel the mouse and see if it fits your hand. thats important.

ToastMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Actually i hesitate between the mighty mouse and vx revolution.
Mighty mouse:
•Pros:
-Blutooth, no receiver which breaks usb ports so usable on my bed or uneven grounds.
-great click sensation opposite to some others mouses like MS mice.
-beautiful
•Cons:-
-somebody told me that right click is not ever working
-Bluetooth Bad for gaming

You're saying Bluetooth is bad for gaming? Why is that? Because I'm considering getting a bluetooth mouse for my MBP (though probably not a Mighty Mouse, I tried and didn't like it.)

arnolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
You're saying Bluetooth is bad for gaming? Why is that? Because I'm considering getting a bluetooth mouse for my MBP (though probably not a Mighty Mouse, I tried and didn't like it.)

I think mice with RF are better for gaming because the transmission technology is much stable.There's not any lag whereas bluetooth mice sometimes are unresponsive. I owned the first apple wireless mouse, there was many lags but maybe the technology is better now.
I thing it's not a hasard if bluetooth mice are still very rare whereas most of laptop have bluetooth built in. RF give better performance.

Finally i make my choice and bought the vx revolution, this mouse is just awesome, i have no regrets except the price which is awesome too...

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
I think mice with RF are better for gaming because the transmission technology is much stable.There's not any lag whereas bluetooth mice sometimes are unresponsive. I owned the first apple wireless mouse, there was many lags but maybe the technology is better now.
I thing it's not a hasard if bluetooth mice are still very rare whereas most of laptop have bluetooth built in. RF give better performance.

Finally i make my choice and bought the vx revolution, this mouse is just awesome, i have no regrets except the price which is awesome too...

Anything wireless is bad for gaming because of the bandwidth involved with wireless mice. If gaming get a wired mouse with HIGH DPI resolution. Even now I have several friends who won't go anywhere near optical mice and swear by the ball. *shrugs* That being said I have a Microsoft BlueTooth mouse that has served me well and I got it for all of $20 from a friend.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
bluetooth has longer singal effective range, u can be far from ur computer while it still works, IR mice normally need to be close to computer, sp if u have a mini or imac connected to a big tv, bluetooth is better,
also, bluetooth save you one usb port.

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
omg, are you serious? I own that mouse and I HATE it. The damn thing is too light for it's own good and the cord seems to be rigid enough to pull the mouse around. It's a cheap piece of crap.

What can I say, I'm a big fan of Logitech mice :)

Viremia

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006

same here (both with the V270 and MM)

I wanted BT because there would be no need for a dongle and I didn't want wired

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.