Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 28, 2006, 09:42 PM   #1
CaptainCaveMann
macrumors 68000

New ibook keyboard?

Hey whats up everyone. My ibook keyboard is beginning to get a lot of gunk under the keys, around the keys, ect. Ive tried cleaning it and i cant get down there to get it all out. Im just wondering, how much would a new ibook keyboard cost? I plan on keeping this little beauty for a while so im all for keeping it in nice condition. However, if the keyboard is to expensive, ill just ignore it. Thanks in advance for any advice..
Old Nov 28, 2006, 09:48 PM   #2
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger

on eBay, it looks like they're around $45 or so.

When I cleaned my iBook's keyboard, I pried up all the keys and compressed air and Qtipped away all the gunk.

edited to ask:
are G3 and G4 keyboards compatible? I have a feeling that they're not, but I'm just curious. If they are, I have one on the cheap for ya, CaptainCaveMann

Last edited by katie ta achoo; Nov 28, 2006 at 09:58 PM.
katie ta achoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 09:55 PM   #3
dpaanlka
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to dpaanlka
You can buy a new one for $119 here: http://www.powerbookguy.com/g4ibook.html#serviceparts

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs