Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:21 PM   #1
cbetta
macrumors regular

Need help: Install Airport Express in Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz

Is it possible to install a Airport in my "old" mac mini G4? It doesn't have a airport yet and I read that it was able to ORDER it with the airport installed. Is there a "tutorial" that might tell me how to do this?
cbetta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:04 PM   #2
tilman
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbetta View Post
Is it possible to install a Airport in my "old" mac mini G4? It doesn't have a airport yet and I read that it was able to ORDER it with the airport installed. Is there a "tutorial" that might tell me how to do this?
You can buy parts and upgrade kits, like here http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/it.A/id....2&category=333 . It is probably cheaper and much easier to use a Wireless USB adapter.
tilman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:28 PM   #3
roland.g
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilman View Post
You can buy parts and upgrade kits, like here http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/it.A/id....2&category=333 . It is probably cheaper and much easier to use a Wireless USB adapter.
I upgraded the RAM in my Intel Mini which was fairly easy, however that looks like a little more work, though I'm sure the instructions are good and the price is the same as it would have cost to add it when you originally bought the machine. At least it's not more.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs