Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Apr 23, 2008, 04:00 PM   #26
madmaxmedia
macrumors 68030

Send a message via Yahoo to madmaxmedia
There's one called the 'Lapinator' that is pretty cheap and works fine. Silly name, good stand-

http://www.lapinator.com/
madmaxmedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:19 PM   #27
Sesshi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoforce View Post
S

Yes - with a proper laptop maybe. The MBP won't, or will struggle to, stay open.

I compute in bed very seldom, but I did it often enough that I wanted a solution. Laptops were a bad idea - gets too warm, and the iLap, while probably being the best solution, is clumsy.

I ended up with a desktop, a large LCD TV, a motorised display mount (opposite my bed and above an alcove type place which already had a small desk) and the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000. No flaming thighs/testicles/chest/whatever, and only a very light (and backlit) keyboard to perch on the bed. The TV spends most of its time being an almost-to-the-wallmount. When I need to tap in bad, it can come a little closer towards me.

Last edited by Sesshi; Apr 23, 2008 at 05:25 PM.
Sesshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:52 PM   #28
gadabout
macrumors member

i've been thinking of making something similar to desks in big lecture halls. it would be attatched to my bed, and fold up when i needed it, and down when i was ready to fall asleep. i dunno though, my desk is pretty close, so i tend to just use my imac from bed, and the macbook only when out of the house (which is dumb, since it is pretty much just as good as the imac...) oh well
gadabout is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:38 PM   #29
tobefirst
macrumors 68040

I just use a bamboo cutting board I bought from TJ Maxx or Marshall's or something for about $8. Works great and looks good, too.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:52 PM   #30
tangje
macrumors newbie

+1 for iLap. Keeps my MBA cool, very comfortable. Not too big/bulky/ugly. Unfortunately, a bit expensive.
tangje is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 08:53 AM   #31
oberioso
macrumors newbie

Laptop Stand

I would suggest this laidback laptop stand.

http://www.laptop-laidback.com/index...rency_code=USD

It's kind of pricey, but i'ts absolutely worth it.. Just look how soothing it looks, and how comfortable the girl in the picture is..

You absolutely need something that's worth every penny and not just something you can buy on a thrift shop..
oberioso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:25 AM   #32
gmuzzatti
macrumors newbie

Best patop stand for bed use

The very best product for using any laptop while reclining, sitting and especially bed use is Laptop Laidback.
http://www.tesco-shopping.com/Laptop_Laidback.htm
At $89 it's affordable, guaranteed, durable and works very, very well. I own one and have used it at home, camping and at hotels because it is ideal for watching movies and prolonged use because it is well vented.Keeps laptop very stable and is pretty much infinately adjustable to accommodate multiple uses and body sizes. I've loaned it to friends suffering temporary injuries who are bedridden, that's where it truly performs.
--

Last edited by gmuzzatti; Jan 7, 2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: more information and corrections to text
gmuzzatti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 03:35 PM   #33
MiesVanDerRobot
macrumors member

If we're getting into Danish-design territory, then consider the Offi Overlap Tray. I have one, and quite like the way it holds laptop, coffee, pen, plus a book & an iPad in the side slot. Might seem pricey, but mine has survived 8 years of abuse with no scars but a few scuffs to the topside veneer. Quality worth paying for.

http://www.offi.com/products/tablesa...L.php?p2c=1211

Last edited by maflynn; Dec 17, 2013 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted post
MiesVanDerRobot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice