Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I ordered a Black Macbook at 2pm on november 30. i NEED this machine to deliver a keynote presentation on the evening Dec 8 (see theft thread). I chose fed-ex overnight shipping.

I already have the brenthaven sleeve and magsafe airplane power adapter.

the status of my cto macbook, which i assume is coming from china, as of 7pm dec 3 is still "not yet shipped." it was guaranteed to arrive by dec 8 - just enough time for me to put on my presentation a deliver. considering it takes 20 hours to get from shanghai to new york on the plane alone....

I am becoming anxious.

grum

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
I ordered a Black Macbook at 2pm on november 30. i NEED this machine to deliver a keynote presentation on the evening Dec 8 (see theft thread). I chose fed-ex overnight shipping.

I already have the brenthaven sleeve and magsafe airplane power adapter.

the status of my cto macbook, which i assume is coming from china, as of 7pm dec 3 is still "not yet shipped." it was guaranteed to arrive by dec 8 - just enough time for me to put on my presentation a deliver. considering it takes 20 hours to get from shanghai to new york on the plane alone....

I am becoming anxious.

It does indeed suck. I ordered a Macbook on the 15th November - still waiting! :mad:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I can completely understand but one thing I happen to know about Apple shipping is that they hardly seem to update online. My nano came one day early my powerbook came the day it was expected. The day I got my powerbook I went to Apple online and tracked my order and it said it had not shipped yet.

I'd say calm down and give it until December 6th before you panic.

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
i'm starting to wonder if i should just cancel the order and pick one up in soho. i can always update the drive and memory myself.... and it'd probably be cheaper too.. hm..

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
apple shipping rocks

ordered imac on the thurs at 2:30pm

was here next day at 1pm

free delievery

might be casue i am in the uk though

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
If there's an Apple Store nearby go and pick one up! I always try to stay away from buying computers online because of the problems that can arise (late deliveries, DOA, etc). Plus it's easy to get a MacBook and it's easy to return. I upgraded my hardware and saved about $175 from what the Apple Store charges (not to mention the free C2D MB I got because of a defect from my previous CD MB.

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Mine is CTO, so I don't expect next day delivery. but i would certainly hope it can make it in less than 10 days.

i just checked online, trying to see if i could cancel and perhaps just pick up a stock model in soho.

unfortunately, that's a no-go according to the online store. so i guess the hand's been dealt and now i'll just have to see how it plays out.

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I ordered my Refurb MacBook at around 11pm last night. Got an email at 2pm today saying that it had shipped. Which can't be true, but I fugure it will ship out in the morning. I went with the free ground shipping btw.

smy168

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2006
I ordered a nano ipod, armband and headphones on 11/27 set for overnight fed ex before my friend leaves on the 30th. it was a gift...got the armband and the headphones but didn't even get a email or call about the ipod being delayed. going to the store next time.

sepu

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2006
I ordered my new MBP C2D 2.33 15'' for thanksgiving day .... and I thought man this will take very long ... but was pretty good actually I recieved my new machine one day before that I was expecting.
so I cant complain .....

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I don't really see the issue here...December 8th is still a long way away. If it still hasn't shipped by Wednesday, then you can get anxious. It doesn't take long to get it delivered once it ships, particularly if you've got overnight service.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
If Apple promised a date then it will arrive on that date, don't worry about it.:)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
wait.. your flying to China to give a presentation?.... why not pick it up their ;) If you are goig to Shangehi, have fun, its beautiful and different city

mojohojo

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2006
ordered CTO macbook. says shipped 30th - 4th...still hasnt shipped yet.
and delivers by 7th - 11th.
why the 3 day gap between then? :confused: i called, they said i should get in the middle of this week.

also ordered airport express on 1st december, few days after ordering macbook and that is just shipped (4th)..weird.:confused:

mojohojo

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2006
nevermind.. mine just shipped and it says should arrive tomorw same as the airport express....apple shipping doesn't suck!:D :D cant wait for mackkbooook.:D

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
Mine is CTO, so I don't expect next day delivery. but i would certainly hope it can make it in less than 10 days.

i just checked online, trying to see if i could cancel and perhaps just pick up a stock model in soho.

unfortunately, that's a no-go according to the online store. so i guess the hand's been dealt and now i'll just have to see how it plays out.

Not sure why shipping "sucks", it hasn't shipped yet. :confused:

My orders from Apple have always been on time or early, so since it is supposed to arrive on 12/8 my money would be that's when it will arrive.

I suppose if you need it now, then buy one at the store and return the other when it arrives. Choosing CTO (or even adding an adapter or piece of software to the order) can make ship/arrival dates more difficult to predict. Either way, sorry about the stress but it will all be over soon and I'm sure the presentation will go swimingly. :)

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Fed ex tracking says picked in suzhou cn this morning.... see how customs goes... it's gonna be tough to make it by wednesday

crunch3k

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I feel your pain. I ordered 2-15" MBPCD2s fully loaded (160HD/3GB) on 10/24/06 for a coworker and myself. Apple just cancelled the order 2 weeks ago because they were having a problem getting the 160HD. Our IT dept missed the 'cancelled' email Apple sent (due to the holiday) and then had to reorder them last Tuesday. And now they won't ship until 12/11/06! :mad:

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I suppose it all depends on where you live- I have always had fantastic shipping times. I always go with free delivery and I always wind up getting what I ordered w/in a day or 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.