Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:50 PM   #1
majik37
macrumors newbie

G5 Won't come out of sleep

hey yesterday evening we had a power outage at my house, My G5 power mac was in sleep mode when the power went out. When the power came back on my mac came back on as if it were sleeping. The LED light in the front will stay on but the comp is non responsive. I 've tried holding the power button down for longer than 2 mins and nothing, I've tried unplugging everycord from the power mac and leaving it unplugged all night then this morning plugging everything back in and it still is non responsive, with the LED light still on. I am not hearing any nosie's coming from the power mac. I read on the apple website that it could be the PMU or SMU But I purchased the power mac late 2004 and as from what I read the only way to reset the PMU is to turn off the mac then unplug the mac and leave it unplugged for 2 mins then plugging it back in, If that were the case then leaving it unglugged all night should have reset it. I'm not sure yet as to if the power mac G5 has the SMU reset button or not because I'm at work. But if anyone has any other suggestons It would be of great help
Thanks,
Andy
majik37 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 03:03 PM   #2
Fredou51
macrumors regular

I had a power outage too last night. Now, on to your question. You said it was unplugged all night, do you mean physically unplugged or just no power because of the power outage? If the latter, well, it could have suffered from a power surcharge when the power came back. Do you have a surge protector or a UPS?

Frederic
Fredou51 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 04:47 PM   #3
majik37
macrumors newbie

The power was on by the time I unplugged everything. So yeah it was physically unplugged. But it was plugged in during the power outage, I have a surge protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredou51 View Post
I had a power outage too last night. Now, on to your question. You said it was unplugged all night, do you mean physically unplugged or just no power because of the power outage? If the latter, well, it could have suffered from a power surcharge when the power came back. Do you have a surge protector or a UPS?

Frederic
Old Dec 5, 2006, 04:58 PM   #4
2nyRiggz
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to 2nyRiggz
http://www.felipecruz.com/reset-pmu-...ile-ram-g5.php

See if that helps you a bit.

Bless
Old Dec 5, 2006, 05:18 PM   #5
majik37
macrumors newbie

Awesome, I'll see if that works tonight when I get home and if not I'll let you guys know
Thanks
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nyRiggz View Post

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs