Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:53 PM   #1
wilburpan
macrumors regular

Help -- iTunes won't sort compilation album correctly

I noticed a weird occurrence in iTunes. I have two compilation albums, tagged as such in the "Get Info" box, but in the iTunes library, I can't get either one to display in track order.

On the first compilation album, no matter how I have the Album column heading set ("Album", "Album by Artist", "Album by Year", etc.), iTunes insists on sorting the album by artist name, so that the tracks are out of sequence.

On the second one, again no matter how I set the album column, track number 13 always is at the top.

I know I can work around this by isolating the album in the Library and sorting by track number, but I'd like to know how to fix this.
wilburpan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 01:11 PM   #2
psychofreak
Retired

Try setting the album artist to 'various'.
psychofreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 08:56 PM   #3
wilburpan
macrumors regular

Thanks! I actually cleared out the Album Artist field, but that seemed to do the trick.
wilburpan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store