Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Help/Tips

Old May 1, 2003, 07:49 PM   #1
EMKoper
macrumors regular

How to restore Address Book application?

After my recent OS X 10.2.5 upgrade (from 10.2.4), my Address Book application ceased working. Referencing Apple Support Document I followed the instructions and the Address Book still would not work giving the exact same error code.

After some additional searching, the documentation stated most of the original apps are on the restore disk. I went through the restore and selected OSX applications only ... only a few 3rd party apps were installed (~5 apps total, like Image Convert, OmniGraffle, & others) and not the Address Book.

Could anyone help me out with a technique to re-install the address book? Does anyone know where the address book application can be found on any of the apple install/restore disks or on any website?

My system is a Dual 1Ghz w/ the double mirrored doors ... initially had OSX 10.2 at the time of purchase ... upgraded to 10.2.5.

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2003, 09:08 PM   #2
awulf
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to awulf Send a message via AIM to awulf Send a message via Yahoo to awulf Send a message via Skype™ to awulf
It might got anything to do with the actual program but some settings maybe corrupt.

So is the icon blank like it says in the document?
awulf is offline   0
Old May 4, 2003, 06:46 PM   #3
EMKoper
macrumors regular

The Address Book had a generic icon with an "A" on it... a sporty "A" like that on the Applications Folder. I am not sure that is exactly what the help document meant by a blank icon. Either way, after a couple of attempts of reinstalling the 10.2.5 update, I removed the file since I thought it would be easy to reinstall with the software restore disks.
Old May 7, 2003, 09:20 PM   #4
EMKoper
macrumors regular

Just to complete the thread for the record ... after expending all other resources, I contacted Apple Care on how to restore the address book. The only way to do this was boot up with the OS X install disk & reinstall the OS/applications but, via the options, maintain/archive user files/settings. All worked fine and Address Book (and all other OS X apps) was restored and my user files and settings were unchanged. Primary drawback was a reinstall of all Apple software updates was necessary...

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Help/Tips