Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cschreppel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Boston, MA
Hey guys,

So I have a pair of Dynaudio BM5A's that I just got about a week and a half ago. One of the tweeters was bad - so I sent that speaker back. When I got the replacement today, they didn't include a power cord for it.

I have a few extra power cords around that are pretty new. The original cord on the other BM5A says 10A 250V. The power cords I have say 10A 125V. I'm a bit rusty on the power consumption stuff - but would this cable be okay to use until I get the replacement?

Thanks!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Hey guys,

So I have a pair of Dynaudio BM5A's that I just got about a week and a half ago. One of the tweeters was bad - so I sent that speaker back. When I got the replacement today, they didn't include a power cord for it.

I have a few extra power cords around that are pretty new. The original cord on the other BM5A says 10A 250V. The power cords I have say 10A 125V. I'm a bit rusty on the power consumption stuff - but would this cable be okay to use until I get the replacement?

Thanks!

If you live in North America, you should be fine. Replace the cable if you move to Europe. If the speakers actually drew 2500 Watts, then the lights in your house would dim when you plugged them in ....

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
I have a pair of Dynaudio BM5A's that I just got about a week and a half ago.
how are you liking them?

about the cable, i don't think it's out of bounds to contact dynaudio and request a replacement. this also illustrates why you should send back only the thing in need of repair.

i'm sitting here with the power cable and manual for an api 2500. sucks when stuff shows up broken...

cschreppel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Boston, MA
this also illustrates why you should send back only the thing in need of repair.

I'm totally loving them. I took a chance and plugged the replacement in with a spare power cord I had...works fine. Yeah - I contacted the store I bought them from and who's been helping me with getting this replacement. I'm going to contact Dynaudio on Monday to get the replacement power cord.

But yeah - they sound absolutely amazing. Very clear. Along with that, they're very easy to listen to music or watching movies on...very pleased with that. Curious to hear how the BR-1's I built through http://www.partsexpress.com will sound next to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.