Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:01 AM   #1
ImNoSuperMan
macrumors 65816
 
ImNoSuperMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Recording tv straight to your ipod or usb HDD without using any computer.

I really hate it. My memory is very weak and sometimes it gets really frustrating.

About a month ago I saw a reference to a video converter on MacRumors while looking for a PVR solution for Mac. It could convert analog AV signal(using composite ins) to mpeg2/mp4 and record it to any iPod or HDD connected to it via USB in real time. It didnt have any storage of it`s own. You needed to get an external hdd to record the signal.

Now I was trying to find the thing gain but even after four frustrating hours of googling I couldnt find it. All I could find was this. It does the same job but instead of using a usb HDD it uses built in memory card slots to record video on your Memory Stick/CF/MMC cards thereby limiting the recording time to an hour only.

I dont remember where I saw it, what it`s name/brand was, nothing. Can someone please help me find that converter. I`d be really grateful.
ImNoSuperMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:36 AM   #2
huck500
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Southern California
Maybe this?

Sabrent USB 2.0 TV Tuner/Capture Box

Edit: Oops, you said no computer. Sorry...
huck500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 09:46 AM   #3
hotwire132002
macrumors 65816
 
hotwire132002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cadillac, MI
Send a message via AIM to hotwire132002 Send a message via MSN to hotwire132002
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas soni View Post
I really hate it. My memory is very weak and sometimes it gets really frustrating.

About a month ago I saw a reference to a video converter on MacRumors while looking for a PVR solution for Mac. It could convert analog AV signal(using composite ins) to mpeg2/mp4 and record it to any iPod or HDD connected to it via USB in real time. It didnt have any storage of it`s own. You needed to get an external hdd to record the signal.

Now I was trying to find the thing gain but even after four frustrating hours of googling I couldnt find it. All I could find was this. It does the same job but instead of using a usb HDD it uses built in memory card slots to record video on your Memory Stick/CF/MMC cards thereby limiting the recording time to an hour only.

I dont remember where I saw it, what it`s name/brand was, nothing. Can someone please help me find that converter. I`d be really grateful.
Well, I looked around a bit and came up with a couple of devices that might be what you're looking for:

Neuros makes another device (Neuros OSD) that looks like it can record to a USB hard drive: http://www.neurosaudio.com/osd/osd.asp

iRecord looks similar: http://www.irecord.com/

Are either of these what you're looking for?
hotwire132002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:01 AM   #4
ImNoSuperMan
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
ImNoSuperMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwire132002 View Post
Well, I looked around a bit and came up with a couple of devices that might be what you're looking for:

Neuros makes another device (Neuros OSD) that looks like it can record to a USB hard drive: http://www.neurosaudio.com/osd/osd.asp

iRecord looks similar: http://www.irecord.com/

Are either of these what you're looking for?
God. My memory. As soon as I read iRecord I remembered everything. Yup it`s the exact same thing I saw that day. Thanx a lot. Also the Neuros looks pretty good too. I`ll definitely buy one of these if the recording quality is good enough.

BTW. How did you find it in minutes and I couldnt in hours . Ahem does it really mean I`m stupid
ImNoSuperMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:04 AM   #5
hotwire132002
macrumors 65816
 
hotwire132002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cadillac, MI
Send a message via AIM to hotwire132002 Send a message via MSN to hotwire132002
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas soni View Post
God. My memory. As soon as I read iRecord I remembered everything. Yup it`s the exact same thing I saw that day. Thanx a lot. Also the Neuros looks pretty good too. I`ll definitely buy one of these if the recording quality is good enough.

BTW. How did you find it in minutes and I couldnt in hours . Ahem does it really mean I`m stupid
No problem Don't thank me, thank Google.
hotwire132002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:11 AM   #6
ImNoSuperMan
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
ImNoSuperMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwire132002 View Post
No problem Don't thank me, thank Google.
I still dont understand why I couldnt find it. Anyways, now I thank god that I didnt. Or how else would I come across Neuros OSD. WOW. It looks really great feature wise(also lookswise too). Thanx again hotwire.
ImNoSuperMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting recorded pictures/videos from your iPod to computer Kowaku iPod touch 11 Oct 3, 2010 08:21 AM
iRecord Pro. Record video straight to your iphone? mrtune iPhone 4 Jul 30, 2009 11:29 AM
Solution: How to download podcasts to your iPod Touch without syncing to a computer. huskermania iPod touch 1 Oct 6, 2008 10:46 PM
Load TV shows to an ipod without a computer. MacBytes MacBytes.com News Discussion 3 Sep 15, 2006 04:55 PM
RIAA Claims Ripping a CD to Your iPod is Not "Fair Use" MacBytes MacBytes.com News Discussion 142 Feb 22, 2006 04:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC