Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:26 AM   #1
addone
macrumors newbie

iBook Problem

I dunno what's wrong with it, the power adapter or the actual laptop. The original adapter snapped so I got a MacAlly one, the reviews said it was low quality and stops working after a while, I got the problem, and I had to hold the charger at angles to get any charge.

Today I got a new one, and the light in the battery doesn't blink at all, and with the new adapter, not the macally one doesn't charge either. My laptop won't turn on, and it's been charging all morning. I then tried it without the battery, still won't charge. I noticed the small bit the charger goes inside moves about, I dunno if that's the problem, other members of my family are convinced it's the 600 iBook that's ruined, but I have had it for a little under a year.
addone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:29 AM   #2
xJulianx
macrumors 6502a

Take it to an Apple store, or phone Apple up. They tend to be able to diagnose issues fairly quickly, but it sounds like they will need to look at it. Hope it's just the power adapter, or battery!
xJulianx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:40 AM   #3
addone
macrumors newbie

I thought that, but they should normally be able to run without battery, and I had gotten a new charger.

EDIT: I reset the PMU and put the new charger back in, and the battery now blinks rapidly, but my laptop still won't run.

Last edited by addone; Dec 14, 2006 at 09:51 AM.
addone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:04 AM   #4
xJulianx
macrumors 6502a

I'm by no means a pro when it comes to hardware such as the battery..but I would say that it's the power lead. Try borrowing a different kind of power lead from a friend, preferably the official Apple one, or if you can't...go to an Apple store and I'm sure they woud let you plug your laptop into one of their power leads.
xJulianx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs