Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quicksilverpdx

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2006
That single handedly was the funnyest diss on windows I have ever seen! WAY BETTER than the Mac comercials!

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Oh man, I know this is a light-hearted thread but - one of our people (I'm in a university IT department) just installed Vista off of MSDN and has had MAJOR headaches with it. Drivers don't work and/or are unavailable, remote desktop is flaky, simple things like Windows shares are no longer simple... I could come up with a dozen more items, easy.

This thing should NOT have been released. Microsoft gets grief, often deservedly, for releasing software that's not quite ready; but this really should be more of an early beta than a released product.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Oh man, I know this is a light-hearted thread but - one of our people (I'm in a university IT department) just installed Vista off of MSDN and has had MAJOR headaches with it. Drivers don't work and/or are unavailable, remote desktop is flaky, simple things like Windows shares are no longer simple... I could come up with a dozen more items, easy.

This thing should NOT have been released. Microsoft gets grief, often deservedly, for releasing software that's not quite ready; but this really should be more of an early beta than a released product.

every major windows had several SPs before it became stable. its expected for Vista too.

driver problem, yeah, it has to improve through time, afterall, windows is not bundled with certain hardwares.

releasing or not isn't a issue, apple released OS 10.0, buggy enough that they had to release 10.1 several months after that. and I doubt released Vista is that "beta" as you may think, problem you mentioned seems have more to do with hardware than software itself.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
that was great. i, too, thought Pogue was serious at the beginning but when i realized he wasn't i started cracking up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.