Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
I usually have a lot of people at my house, and sometimes people want to play different games. Does anyone know where I can get a PS2 Emulator(Preferably free) for Mac that plays games off of PS2 discs?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: PS2 Emulator

Originally posted by XnavxeMiyyep
I usually have a lot of people at my house, and sometimes people want to play different games. Does anyone know where I can get a PS2 Emulator(Preferably free) for Mac that plays games off of PS2 discs?

as far as i know - there is no PS2 emulator available for any platform.

[Edit: well, I guess I'm wrong: http://www.pcsx2.net/ - but it doesn't actually play any games :) ]

arn

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
don't hold your breath. Computer need to be quite a lot faster than the box they're emulating, so the PS2 won't be playable (speed-wise) for a while anyway, even if they can get an emulator working at all... You're a lot better off just buying a PS2 :)

pnw

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
I do have a PS2. I just wanted to play more than 1 at a time. Maybe even on a laptop for long trips. However, you're probably right about the speed issue. Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.