Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
....this monday?

or on A monday?

Either way I can't believe it...I mean I would love to believe it THIS monday, but I doubt it

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
iPhone Announcement on Monday?

Gizmodo claims that the iPhone will be announced on Monday.

Gizmodo Knows: iPhone Will Be Announced On Monday
I guarantee it. It isn't what I expected at all. And I've already said too much. –Brian Lam

No further information is provided, but there is a clear implication that the iPhone is coming this Monday (December 18th).

Brian Lam is a an editor for Gizmodo and former assistant editor for Wired magazine. While such a short unqualified blurb would not usually get much credence, Gizmodo is a relatively well established gadget blog.

Despite this apparent confidence in this report, Gizmodo has no prior record of accurate rumors. Indeed, also working against Gizmodo is a previous teaser post also made by Brian Lam that implied that they had a scoop on an upcoming Apple product. This prompted speculation and subsequent disappointment with the announcement was about Tivo 3.0 and not an Apple product.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We'll see...

obviously, if this was posted on "Joe's Blog", it wouldn't get any credence at all.

Gizmodo has some "rep" to lose if they are wrong.

arn

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
The Monday before Christmas sure would generate a lot of extra revenue! Maybe they need to off set the downward spiral of iTunes? Just kidding about iTunes.:D

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Folks are getting bamboozled here!!

All he says is "Released on Monday"..That could be any Monday.Jan 15th is Monday also.

But it does coincide with the discovery of the answering machine in Leopard.

Fool me once.Shame on you.
Fool me twice and you won't get fooled again!!
--King George the Jr.

Iggy

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2003
Bournemouth, UK
I just sat on a pencil and it protruded right through my ******. If only I had iChat video on my phone, then I could show all my friends the severity of this altercation.

asphalt-proof

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2003
Magrathea
That's quite a statement to make considering all the hype surrounding this product. I would say that he must be feeling very confident in order to maintain ANY credibility. Especially with all the whoring for the Webbies he has been doing lately. I'd say he must be onto something with this statement.

Zolk

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2006
Apple typically announces products on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, not Mondays.

xnu

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2004
I am no genius, and I would love to see the phone on Monday, but this looks like an attempt to effect aapl dec options to me. Someone must have Dec 90's.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Well that's a pretty bold statement. If the iPhone isn't announced this upcoming Monday, someone's making the naughty list. ;)

In all seriousness, though, I would love to see this happen. However, I can't see Apple releasing such a big product so close to Christmas.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Ok, no chance this is real. This is another of Jobs' pet projects, and he's gonna let it loose with no fanfare? He wouldn't pass up the chance to say "It's stunning" or "It's the best product we've ever designed" or "Boom". If there was an event, invitations would have been sent this week. Fake...

Rocketman

macrumors 603
If this is true it makes good sense. Apple has stated they will release procucts "as available" rather than when a scheduled news event is expected. They have been sticking to that.

Further, pre-Christmas makes much more sense than post-Christmas, especially since this is an introductory product WITH, what many might agree, is a pent-up demand, at ANY price.

High prices good. Low prices bad. For Steevie and stockholders :)

"The more you pay the more it is worth." - truism

Rocketman

Tork

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2006
It's listed as their "Top Story." It's risky: awful big credibility hit if their wrong...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.