Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 16, 2006, 08:05 PM   #1
lilfordbmx
macrumors newbie

Powermac g5 dual 2.0 won't boot

Ok, so i'm doing some work in after effect and all of the sudden i get this error message stating something along the lines of "hard drive not recognized".. this is from itunes.

then, as my project in ae is rendering i get a similar response.

i then have to force quit itunes, final cut and after efects because they're not responding.

i then try and put something from the desktop into the trash and i get this ticking noise coming from my hard drive and the circle of **** comes up and the whole computer isn't responding.. that stops and i go to restart.. the same tick re-occurs and im forced to hold down the power button to shut it down.

i then boot the system back up and it comes to the grey apple screen and just sits there with the apple logo and the little spin thing underneath.

IS this a bad hard drive?

nothing like this has ever happened.

PLEASE HELP!!
lilfordbmx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 08:12 PM   #2
trogdor!
macrumors regular

yep, i would say a bad hard drive. Try booting off some apple os discs or the original install discs and run disk utility. But that evil clicking noise is something i just saw last night to one of my backup drives and that drive is not completly toast.
trogdor! is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs