Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

z400central

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Is there a way around this? I have a Dell 2005 here at home, then a Westinghouse 22'' back in Boston. I would like to use my MBP's screen in addition to the others, BUT I want them both calibrated. Is there a way around this since the sypder2express only allows you to do one monitor?

Thanks!

TheNightPhoenix

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2005
Yes.

Once you have Calibrated the main monitor. Open the profile up in the color sync utility. Then in the localised description string change it to "main monitor" in each of the three boxs.

Save this under a new name such as main.

In the monitors part of system prefs go to arrangement. Drag the menu bar to the second monitor. Re-launch the spyder software and calibrate the second monitor.

Repeat opening the profile in color sync and do the renaming, using "second monitor" as the name.

Move menu bar back to nromal in arrnagment.
Then you just need to choose the two new profiles you created.

Hope that all makes sense

msprouls

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2007
Thanks for the work around. Worked perfect!!

I printed it out and put in the box.

Yes.

Once you have Calibrated the main monitor. Open the profile up in the color sync utility. Then in the localised description string change it to "main monitor" in each of the three boxs.

Save this under a new name such as main.

In the monitors part of system prefs go to arrangement. Drag the menu bar to the second monitor. Re-launch the spyder software and calibrate the second monitor.

Repeat opening the profile in color sync and do the renaming, using "second monitor" as the name.

Move menu bar back to nromal in arrnagment.
Then you just need to choose the two new profiles you created.

Hope that all makes sense

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.