Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
A couple of days ago, I was trying to burn some DVDs. I put the disc in, and it was recognized as writable, but when I tried to burn, it would fail right away with a strange error code. If I tried again, sometimes it worked, sometimes I got the same error again.

I'm thinking it's either a bug in 10.4.8 or a problem with my drive, since multiple DVDs had the exact same issue, and both eventually burned just fine. Anyone know why this might be occurring?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Dust, anybody?

3622.jpg

Were they different branded DVDs and what exactly was the error code? What app are you using to burn with? :)

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Dust, anybody?

[image snipped to save bandwidth]

Were they different branded DVDs and what exactly was the error code? What app are you using to burn with? :)

Apple-branded DVDs.
Error code is 0x8002006D.
Finder is used as the burning app.

I got couple of problem once in a while with burning dvd
i think it might be because of resources thinggy.
My solution instead of burning directly from any software that does something else (iphoto,idvd,toast...) i save as image and then later on when i'm not doing anything else that would slowdown the G5, i burn the image onto dvd.
never had problem ever since
bozigle

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, that's a pretty generic disc error code and has been around since well before 10.4.8 but is usually associated with cheaper media. It could mean a variety of things but start with this:

• Try using a drive lens cleaner.
  • Restart Finder.
  • Reboot your machine.
  • Use a lower burn speed.
  • Use a new batch of discs. Even though they're Apple-braqnded and generally considered to be very high quality, they may have been damaged by sunlight, heat or torsion.

Hopefully that helps a tad, mate. :)

MollyW

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2008
Make sure you have plenty of hard disk space available too - at least the same as the DVD you're trying to burn to...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.