Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Machead III

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2002
UK, France
Every damn time I try to install the Photoshop CS3 beta, the application, and usually 3 other components, will fail to install. I've run the installer endless times, redownloaded it, copied it to HD and ran it, reinstalled Adobe CS2, still fails.

Everything else installs fine, just thee app, device manager, stock photo and another component fails every single time. It's driving me absolutely insane, please help.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Every damn time I try to install the Photoshop CS3 beta, the application, and usually 3 other components, will fail to install. I've run the installer endless times, redownloaded it, copied it to HD and ran it, reinstalled Adobe CS2, still fails.

Everything else installs fine, just thee app, device manager, stock photo and another component fails every single time. It's driving me absolutely insane, please help.

what specs are of your mac?

(Re: your location... when did UK become part of France:eek:)

Machead III

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2002
UK, France
I spend most of a year in the UK, about 1/5 in France ^^

I have a brand new MacBook Pro 2.16Ghz Core2Duo with a gig of ram etc. etc., so no probs there.

Machead III

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2002
UK, France
Well, there's probably more Ancient Briton blood in Brittany than there is in all of England, so the relation there is pretty minimal ^^

Anyway, thank god, I managed to figure this damn thing out. I had to uninstall CS2, uninstill all the PSCS3 components, wipe all my Adobe libraries, then reinstall PSCS3 first, and then Adobe CS2 afterward.

My CS2 install is pretty damn old, so maybe it was it's ye olde libraries etc. that were causing the problem. Hopefully this will aid anyone else who finds themself in the same predicament.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.