Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 26, 2006, 03:29 AM   #1
kitki83
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to kitki83 Send a message via Yahoo to kitki83
Apple PowerBook Titanium G4 Screen problems

Recently my job gave me this laptop that I think from what teh net says is a Titanium model. They told me it was dropped and the screen never worked. The thing is the screen kinda works, well the top 1/3 Horizontally of the screen shows the desktop and what not. The 2/3 of the monitor shoes a vertical pinstripe randome colors. The thing is I dont have the charger and I cant take a photo of it. I am wondering if its worth putting money in this laptop. I did while it worked hooked it up on external monitor, overall it works fine. My brother told me to ebay it and use the money for a Mac book. I just want opinions to what to do. I feel since theres still image showing on the screen may be just a broken cable or loose.

Any feed back with lack of pics is greatly appreciated. I hope to borrow a charger to take some snaps.

Thank You
Old Dec 26, 2006, 04:36 AM   #2
daneoni
macrumors G4

You could open it and find out if any cable is disconnected. I like the eBay idea though.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs