Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotfuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Nottz, UK
hey everyone, i'm having some problems with itunes and my ipod.
i've tried searching for the answer through these forums but nobody seems to have asked the questions that i need answering...

1- i would like to export the list of songs on my ipod to a text file or something similar, but only the names of the songs, the artists, and the albums... i am able to do this using the "Export Library" function in itunes but this ONLY works with the library of songs on my computer itself. I had to run a recovery on my windows pc which had all my songs on it, so all my music is on my ipod but not on the system itself.

2- the second problem is also sort of related to the above problem, where i would like to see all the duplicates of the songs on my ipod, again this only seems to work with the few songs i have in my library, but i cannot see if any songs are duplicates on the ipod itself.

could somebody please direct me to a thread i may have missed while searching for the answer to my problems or give me some suggestions on how to do what i want to do!

are there any 3rd party programs that i could use instead of itunes?

thanx in advance!

dotfuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Nottz, UK
well yea i know how to do that, but i'd rather keep them on my ipod than move them ALL back over to my pc hdd and use that hdd space... just for the sake of getting the list and finding the duplicates... are there no other options or 3rd party softwares?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.