Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Dec 27, 2006, 07:41 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Creative Zen Vision:M vs. Apple iPod

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Creative Zen Vision:M vs. Apple iPod
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2006, 08:41 AM   #2
anti-microsoft
macrumors 68000

iPod Power!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBytes View Post

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Creative Zen Vision:M vs. Apple iPod
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
I'm not against creative, before I had an iPod I actually owned a creative MP3 player (and I also own creative speakers) BUT! I prefer Apple, so, COME ON IPOD!!
anti-microsoft is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Lixivial
macrumors 6502a

Well it's currently losing by a wide margin. Who would have thought people on CNet would, by-and-large, vote against the popular product? I suppose it does well to remember that, when something becomes ubiquitous, everyone who uses it immediately becomes a "sheep in the flock" and the product quality immediately becomes rubbish. One user comment sums up this notion quite nicely:

Quote:
Ipod=popular,overated-Vision M=Bulk, betterquality
Lixivial is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

CNet the site has good reviews on products, though the comments are usually subpar compared to Macrumors or ArsTechnica which are generally more intelligent and interesting.
Eraserhead is online now   0
Old Dec 27, 2006, 03:33 PM   #5
montex
macrumors regular

Post Dates

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone else noticed but there are some very old posts on this cnet story. Of the 228 comments, only one is from December 2006. They go all the way back to January.

I think this is very odd. How is a story on cnet that has been around for a year still being commented on? Are these models of MP3 players currently being sold on the market? I know the iPod got a few updates in the past year - how about the Zen?

There are also a disproportionate number of anti-Apple comments. I think this column smells fishy. Almost like cnet trolled up a bunch of negative iPod comments and put them up for display today. How else to account for the old posts?
montex is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:28 PM   #6
cwt1nospam
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by montex View Post
Almost like cnet trolled up a bunch of negative iPod comments and put them up for display today. How else to account for the old posts?
It's cnet. It's what they do. They get a lot of advertising dollars from Microsoft. Don't expect them to be fair or honest.
cwt1nospam is offline   0
Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:31 PM   #7
dsnort
macrumors 68000

I had a Creative a couple of years back, it was decent. Controls and interface a bit kludgy though, and it felt like a brick in my pocket.

Biggest drawback, and the reason I got rid of it, wouldn't work with my beautiful new iMac.
dsnort is offline   0
Old Dec 28, 2006, 06:45 PM   #8
solvs
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNet post
zen's audio formats MP3,WAV,WMA,WMA DRM
iPod's audio formats AAC although iTunes will convert mp3 and non DRM for the iPod.
here again the zen is built for compatibility.
The rest of it seemed about the same. I tried to post a reply, but got a server error. It's not on my end. Wait for it...

Old Dec 29, 2006, 06:43 PM   #9
freediverdude
macrumors 6502a

And did you guys see the cnet prizefight between ipod and zune, where they gave zune just one less point than ipod and made it look like it was really close and ipod just barely beats a zune? Some of the comments there really make you wonder......oh wait, it's cnet, nevermind
freediverdude is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion