Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 7, 2003, 06:42 AM   #1
maracz
macrumors member

My New Computer/How I Lost $600

I just got my new iBook 800 yesturday. And I must say that I like the appearance better than the previous ones. Even though everyone was complaining. Anyone notice that there is an extra bottun (or do I have bad memory) and that the mic is now on the right side? Also the sad truth is: a 800 MHZ G3 runs Warcraft 3 faster than a 700 MHZ G4. Must be the video card.

But everything is not so great. I lost $600 on this computer. I bought a $1500 (clearance sale) iBook in February. Returned it after a week for an eMac (they made me pay $130 extra). And a week ago I traded my eMac and $300 as an order for an iBook when they come in. And yesturday I had to pay $100 extra because the value of the eMacs changed. Plus it's not even like I have that kind of money, nope I am just a student. I am so stressed that I can't even enjoy my new machine (which is also my main computer).
maracz is offline   0
Old May 7, 2003, 07:14 AM   #2
tazo

Send a message via ICQ to tazo Send a message via AIM to tazo Send a message via Yahoo to tazo
Re: My New Computer/How I Lost $600

Quote:
Originally posted by maracz
I just got my new iBook 800 yesturday. And I must say that I like the appearance better than the previous ones. Even though everyone was complaining. Anyone notice that there is an extra bottun (or do I have bad memory) and that the mic is now on the right side? Also the sad truth is: a 800 MHZ G3 runs Warcraft 3 faster than a 700 MHZ G4. Must be the video card.

But everything is not so great. I lost $600 on this computer. I bought a $1500 (clearance sale) iBook in February. Returned it after a week for an eMac (they made me pay $130 extra). And a week ago I traded my eMac and $300 as an order for an iBook when they come in. And yesturday I had to pay $100 extra because the value of the eMacs changed. Plus it's not even like I have that kind of money, nope I am just a student. I am so stressed that I can't even enjoy my new machine (which is also my main computer).
I don't see what you are complaining about. You voluntarily returned your comp and exchanged like 4 times. Make up your mind
tazo is offline   0
Old May 7, 2003, 07:59 AM   #3
Moe
macrumors regular

So you have $2030 invested in an 800MHz iBook! Wow! I'm not sure I'd admit it if I did something like that. LOL! If you're a poor student, you need to be a better shopper than that!

Like the previous poster said, make up your mind before you purchase something... you'd be hurtin' a lot worse if you did this with cars. Hopefully, you've learned a valuable lesson.
Moe is offline   0
Old May 7, 2003, 08:17 AM   #4
Giaguara
macrumors 6502a

the mic has been on right side at least from the 700 mhz models.

600? if you bought your mac in europea you would have paid that 600 more. without changing it even once. sorry.
Giaguara is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers