Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wreckless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
My kid got a i pod for Christmas and I can't seem to get the songs downloaded onto it. I am used to mp3 and other downloads like this but when I do it on the ipod i get nothing. Any help is welcome....

Thanks, Steve

NotFound

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2006
Did you read the instructions that came with your iPod? They are pretty concise.

wreckless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
directions???

All I have seen is i pod tunes quick start and it didnt help much. Can you help?

seabass069

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
Download and install iTunes if it is not already on your computer. Plug in the iPod via the usb cable that came with the ipod. Follow the instructions.

wreckless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
ill try

thanks, seabass, I have hundreds of songs already on my computer. Can I use those songs or do I have to download all new songs?

Also, does it cost $ to use i tunes?

wreckless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
it wants to charge me

I am really feeling stupid here but I cant get by the page where it wants to sign me up 1, 2 or 3 years

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
you shouldn't need to sign up for anything.

download iTunes, plug the iPod in, and choose which songs you want to put on the iPod (if the iPod's capacity is smaller than your music library).

check out Apple's iPod 101 site and their general support site for more info if you need it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.