Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:44 AM   #1
fjs08
macrumors 65816

iPod Video question

Just received a new iPod Video to replace my 3 yr old iPod. If I download a video and start watching it on my iPod, then go back to watch it on my Mac, can I sync the Mac and iPod together so that I can pick up where I left off and then sync back to the iPod so that I can then pick up where I stopped on my Mac.

Thanks.

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:46 AM   #2
roland.g
macrumors 603

I know it works that way for audiobooks and might work that way for podcasts, not sure about the latter. I really have no idea on the video part though. I don't own one.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:46 AM   #3
psycoswimmer
macrumors 65816

I don't have a video iPod, so I couldn't check. However, I'm almost positive the iTunes and iPod do this with podcasts automatically. Have you tried it yet?
psycoswimmer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 01:09 PM   #4
wwooden
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to wwooden Send a message via Skype™ to wwooden
Yes, it works. I don't watch videos that often at my computer, mostly on the iPod. But I can watch the video for a while on the iPod, then sync with the computer and it will pick up where I left off.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 01:12 PM   #5
GreeneGirl7
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwooden View Post
Yes, it works. I don't watch videos that often at my computer, mostly on the iPod. But I can watch the video for a while on the iPod, then sync with the computer and it will pick up where I left off.
Does it work no matter what or did you have to go to the options tab on the info for the file and check Remember Playback Position?
GreeneGirl7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod