Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Just received a new iPod Video to replace my 3 yr old iPod. If I download a video and start watching it on my iPod, then go back to watch it on my Mac, can I sync the Mac and iPod together so that I can pick up where I left off and then sync back to the iPod so that I can then pick up where I stopped on my Mac.

Thanks.

Frank

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I know it works that way for audiobooks and might work that way for podcasts, not sure about the latter. I really have no idea on the video part though. I don't own one.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I don't have a video iPod, so I couldn't check. However, I'm almost positive the iTunes and iPod do this with podcasts automatically. Have you tried it yet?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Yes, it works. I don't watch videos that often at my computer, mostly on the iPod. But I can watch the video for a while on the iPod, then sync with the computer and it will pick up where I left off.

GreeneGirl7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Oxford, England
Yes, it works. I don't watch videos that often at my computer, mostly on the iPod. But I can watch the video for a while on the iPod, then sync with the computer and it will pick up where I left off.

Does it work no matter what or did you have to go to the options tab on the info for the file and check Remember Playback Position?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.