Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
The technology is great but it weighs more than current solutions.

I am all for longer battery times though :)

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
That's pretty sweet. In under 3 years, we're going to have laptops that last for a month without having to recharge it. I could care less how thick it is, if the thing can last a MONTH, that is amazing.

I thought a Day would be amazing or even a week, I guess we can go an entire month without a charge.

20 years from now you'll never have to charge your laptop because by the time you need to recharge it, it will be obsolete because the battery will probably last for years.

that was a strange post.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
20 years from now you'll never have to charge your laptop because by the time you need to recharge it, it will be obsolete because the battery will probably last for years.

Either that ... or the graphics card will suck all the power.

If we ever get to the point where the battery lasts longer than the device, I think we will have new devices tailored to fit older batteries. Recharging is cheap, and throwing away a perfectly working battery is wasteful.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
24 hr battery would be wonderful. then i would not have to bring so many damn batteries on vacation for when I know I need to work, but want to be doing it on the beach.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.